Sunday, February 17, 2013

Duct Tape Clutch (guest post)

My 4th grade daughter made this clutch.


My school had a Beat the Blues Breakfast yesterday. They also had crafts. One of them was working with duct tape. A lot of kids were making purses, so I made one too. It's really simple, except for the bow. First I made a sheet of purple "fabric". (Here's a basic tutorial to make the "fabric".)  Then I folded it over not quite half way to make the pouch part of the purse. I put silver tape along the ends to close it up. I put a strip along the edge of the flap to make it look pretty.

For the bow, I folded a piece of turquoise tape and folded it in half. Then I folded it in half again and "tied" it with a thin strip of pink tape. My mom figured out how to attach it to the purse flap. She cut a slit and used another strip of pink tape to go around the bow and through the slit. Then I put a square of tape over the ends of the strip and another on the other corner so it would match. I taped a length of green cord to the inside of the flap and I was all done!

No comments: